Books on Scratch Coding!
Before we discuss the best books on Scratch coding, we need to discuss the followings:
- What is Scratch Coding?
- Who uses Scratch Coding?
- Why Scratch Coding is so popular? – Benefits of learning Scratch Coding!
What is Scratch Coding?
Scratch is the best visual coding language for children that is easy to learn and also popular around the world. The beauty of scratch is the block-based drag-and-drop code blocks that make it easy for children to create their own digital stories, animations, and games.
Who Uses Scratch?
Scratch is basically designed for children of ages 8 to 16 years, but now people of almost every age are using it. Millions of people are creating Scratch Projects on different topics like schools, museums, libraries, and community centers.
Benefits of learning Scratch Coding!
Learning to code is considered the basics of digital literacy and many educational reforming organizations are promoting coding as a subject in the early schooling days. When children learn to code using Scratch, they are learning about important strategies for solving problems, designing projects, and communicating ideas with others.
- Teachers and mentors are using Scratch to create STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) integrated lesson plans for elementary to college-level students.
- You may be surprised that Scratch is used in more than 200 countries and is available in more than 70 languages.
- Scratch is also used to teach computational thinking and problem-solving skills, creative teaching and learning, self-expression, and collaborating multi-disciplinary learning among children.
Books on Scratch Coding
There are a lot of books available on scratch coding but choosing the right one for your child is a bit difficult. Here is a list of books on scratch coding that are selected based on the best user reviews. Remember that it’s not possible to review all the books at a time.
1. Coding with Scratch Made Easy, Ages 5-9 (Key Stage 1) Beginner Level Scratch Computer Coding Exercises (Made Easy Workbooks)
Children find it easy to learn to code using Scratch. They just need some guides that provide step-by-step instructions about the basics of computer coding.
So, Coding with Scratch Made Easy, Ages 5-9 (Key Stage 1) is one of the best books for children and beginners. Children with no prior coding experience can start with this book. As the book explains the basics of computer coding in a systematic order, children can easily understand how each code block works. They learn to control the movements of sprites, change costumes, adding effects that make it easy for them to create their own games, digital stories, and animations.
2. Computer Coding Games for Kids: A unique step-by-step visual guide, from binary code to building games.
I see a lot of parents complaining about their children playing games all the time. But do you believe that simply complaining will make your children stop playing games?
You need to find a suitable way to make them stop and you can try with a simple question.
Why don’t you create your own games? Rather than playing games made by someone else!
And here is a book for you to inspire and support them to create their own games using Scratch Coding.
This book has all you need to build amazing games, including thrilling racing challenges, zany platform games, and fiendish puzzles.
Follow the simple steps to become an expert coder, using the latest version of the popular programming language Scratch™ 3.0 in this new edition.
I hope, you will find this article, ‘Books on Scratch Coding’ useful for your children. I regularly update new topics and review articles on this blog. So, please subscribe and follow me.
PA: There are some affiliate links available on this post. If you feel comfortable and buy any book through my affiliate link, you are not paying anything extra but I may get a small amount as an affiliate bonus.